Evaluating the Benefits of Server Colocation Hosting
A colocation is a hosting option that allows corporations to house their servers in a third-party’s rack and share their bandwidth. The service provider, usually called the web host, takes the onus of power, cooling system, and other necessary services regarding the uninterrupted running of customers’ servers.
Normally suitable for small businesses, the server colocation hosting is small expensive than a normal hosting. But it fulfills the needs of businesses to have the features of a large IT infrastructure without trading too much. Most large enterprises get their own Internet infrastructure for web hosting their own web servers, and a devoted IT team to oversee the servers, but a small business cannot pay for to have the facility of its. Colocation comes to their rescue.
More and more such enterprises moving toward this cost-effective way of web hosting. Now they are realizing the real benefits of a server colocation hosting over running their own machine room. They understand how this option conserve them money while having greater strength in a data center.
The Compelling Benefits of Colocation Hosting
- The Cost of Bandwidth: The biggest advantage of server colocation hosting is the cost regarding bandwidth. Normally a low-cost restricted bandwidth enterprise-level DSL line expenses you as much amount that would possess required for housing a single server within a colocation facility that provides premium band width speeds and better redundancy regarding the Internet connectivity.
- Better Outage Protection: A colocation facility has better techniques placed to tackle outages. Being a small or medium sized enterprise, you might not have enough budget for adequate power-backup. Any outage will result into site down causing huge business reduction. But in colocation facility the case is entirely different. Since they house a number of machines, they adopt several power back-up options to protect against outages.
- Flexibility to Install Software/Tools: You are the single owner of your server. You can install any software or even tools that you want to use. You will not be dependent on your hosting service provider for all those these.
- Flexibility to Upgrade Server: If you discover that your server is lagging, you are able to upgrade it at your own without having relying on the service provider.
- Enhanced Security: A colocation facility center embraces several levels of security to provide your machine an enhanced security. You are usually assured that your server machine will be housed and maintained in more secure environment.
- Managed Service: With a colocation service, you will have complete peace-of-mind as the service provider can provide a managed services under which their IT expert will oversee maintenance of your own server by paying an extra quantity. The managed service is useful for all those enterprises who have no in-house THIS team members.
The bottom line
Now it’s clear that by collocating your servers to a third-party service center, you can save on money whilst receiving a better performance. But in the same time you need to be cautious while choosing a server colocation web hosting center because your collocated equipment are usually mission-critical.