SEO Techniques You Need to Get Started With Right Away
Hello SEO experts,
This article will help you with your SEO difficulties to an extent. I found a lot of new stuff today plus thought it would be important to discuss it with the outside world associated with website developers.
Out of the many equipment I came across today were:
All are too damn great for any SEO analyst or an expert. Basically I worked on over two dozen SEO techniques today and all sorts of them proved to be essential. Here is an overview of the strategies I dealt with:
1) Keywords : The meta keywords tag permits you to provide additional text regarding search engines to index along with the associated with what you’ve written on your web page. Meta keywords can emphasize a specific word or phrase in the main entire body of your text.
2) Most Common Keywords Test – Check the most typical keywords & their usage (number of times used) on your web page. THE WAY TO FIX In order to complete this test, you must optimize the particular density of your primary keywords shown above. If the density of the specific keyword is below 2% you must increase it and if the particular density is over 4% you must reduce it.
3) Keyword Usage : This describes if your most common key phrases are used in your title, meta-description plus meta keyword tags. Keyword(s) not really included in Meta-Title Keyword(s) included in Meta-Description Tag Keyword(s) included in Meta-Keywords Tag HOW TO FIX First of all, you have to make sure that your page is using the particular title, meta-description and meta key phrases tags. Second, you must adjust these types of tags content in order to consist of some of the primary keywords displayed over.
4) Headings Status – This indicates if any H1 titles are used in your page. H1 titles are HTML tags than will help emphasize important topics and key phrases within a page. HOW TO FIX In order to pass this check you must identify the most important topics from the page and insert those subjects between tags. Example: Important subject goes here Another topic Headings Status This indicates if any kind of H2 headings are used in your web page. H2 headings can be helpful for explaining the sub-topics of a page.
5) Robots. txt Test – Search engines send out tiny programs known as spiders or robots to research your site and bring information back again so that your pages can be indexed within the search results and found by people. If there are files and web directories you do not want indexed by search engines like google, you can use the “robots.txt” file to define where the robots should not move. These files are very simple textual content files that are placed on the root file of your website: There are 2 important considerations when using “robots.txt”: – the particular “robots.txt” file is a publicly accessible file, so anyone can see exactly what sections of your server you don’t need robots to use; – programs can ignore your “robots.txt”, specifically malware robots that scan the internet for security vulnerabilities.
6) Sitemap Test – This test will be to check if your website is using the “sitemap” file: sitemap. xml, sitemap. xml. gz or sitemapindex. xml. Sitemaps are an easy way for website owners to inform search engines about webpages on their sites that are available for moving. In its simplest form, the sitemap is an XML file that will lists URLs for a site together with additional metadata about each LINK (when it was last updated, just how often it usually changes, and exactly how important it is, relative to additional URLs in the site) so that search engines like google can more intelligently crawl the site.
7) Favicon Test and Validator : Check if your site is using plus correctly implementing a favicon. Favicons are small icons that come in your browser’s URL navigation pub. They are also saved next to your URL’s title when book-marking that page. They can help brand name your site and make it easy for users to navigate to your site among a listing of bookmarks. HOW TO FIX To put in a favicon to your site, you need to have your logo created inside a 16×16 PNG, GIF or ICO image and uploaded to your own web server. Then it’s merely a matter of adding the following program code into the header of your HTML code for the web pages: In the example over the “url_to_my_favicon” refers to the specific location of your favicon file.
9) URL SEO Friendly Test : Check if your website URL and all hyperlinks from inside are SEO friendly
10) Broken Links Test – Check your site for broken links
12) Underscores in Links Test – Check your LINK and in-page URLs for emphasize characters. The general advise will be to use hyphens or dashes (-) rather than underscores (_). Google treats hyphens as separators among words in an URL -unlike underscores.
13) Google PageRank Test : Check Google PageRank for your site. A Google PageRank (PR) is really a measure from 0 – 10 and is determined by a proprietary numerical formula that counts every hyperlink to a website as a vote. In essence, your website is put up towards every other website with similar content material and keywords in a popularity competition. Therefore, it is important for your website to acquire backlinks from other websites which are essentially giving a vote associated with confidence to your site. With your site already cleaned up and glowing with outstanding quality content plus internal SEO methods (keywords, the meta tag, etc), you should have a strategy to get the website noticed by others. Important pages receive a higher PageRank and they are more likely to appear at the top from the search results.
14) Alexa Page Rank Test – Check Alexa Rank for your website. Alexa Rank mesure the traffic rate of your domain name and is determined by the web information business Alexa. This company ranks websites based on the amount of traffic (over an interval of three months) recorded through users that have the Alexa Toolbar installed. The lower your rating upon Alexa the better. Meaning if you have the ranking under 100, 000 in that case your website should be producing some good visitors. The traffic rank depends on the recognition of your website (the number of customers who visit your site and the number of webpages from your site viewed by all those users). HOW TO FIX Some guidelines for increase your Alexa Page Rank are listed below:
– The most significant thing is the content: write helpful and qualitative content
– Regularly submit fresh and unique content material Increase the traffic on your web site
– Generate quality backlinks on the website
– Connect to social network sites
– Install Alexa Toolbar on your browser and Alexa Rank Widget into your webpage
– Verify your website on Alexa. com
15) Image Alt Test – Check just about all images from your webpage for betagt attributes. If an image cannot be shown (wrong src, slow connection, etc), the alt attribute provides alternate information. Using keywords and human-readable captions in the alt attributes is an excellent SEO practice because search engines may not see the images. For images using a decorative role (bullets, round edges, etc) you are advised to how to use empty alt or a CSS history image. HOW TO FIX In purchase to pass this test you have to add an alt attribute to every tag used into your web page. An image with an alternate textual content specified is inserted using the subsequent HTML line: Remember that the stage of alt text is to provide the same functional information that the visual user would see.
16) Inline CSS Test – Check your webpage HTML tags regarding inline CSS properties. An in-line CSS property is added using the style attribute for a specific label. By mixing content with presentation you may lose some advantages of the design sheets. Is a good practice to move all the inlines CSS guidelines into an external file in order to make your page “lighter” within weight and decreasing the program code to text ratio. HOW TO REPAIR Is a good practice to shift all the inlines CSS rules in to an external file in order to create your page “lighter” in bodyweight and decreasing the code to text ratio. Check the Web coding of your page and identify just about all style attribute for each style feature found you must proper move just about all declarations in the external CSS document and remove the style attribute For example: some text here a few text here p
17) Media Print Test – Check if your webpage is using media printing CSS property for custom printability. HOW TO FIX For printing your own webpage in an user-friendly format you may use one of these methods: 1 . Use the @media print rule in late your CSS file (note that will specificity and precedence rules nevertheless apply! ) Example: @media printing 2 . Create and make use of a print stylesheet: The file, printing. css is the print stylesheet, as well as the media=”print” command means that this CSS file only gets called upward when your page is printed. The only CSS rules you need to put in the print stylesheet are types to override the CSS guidelines in the main stylesheet (you don’t require to repeat any colour or even branding CSS commands as they will already be taken from the main stylesheet).
18) Google Preview – This allows you to see how your web page might look into a Google search engine results page. A Google search outcome uses your webpage title, link and meta-description in order to screen the information. If these elements are very long, Google will truncate their particular content. You are advised to set your webpage title upward to 70 characters and your web page description up to 160 character types.
19) Keywords Cloud – The Keyword Cloud is a visual rendering of keywords used on your website. This will show you which words are frequently utilized in the content of your webpage. Keywords getting higher density are presented within larger fonts and displayed within alphabetic order.
23) Page Cache Test : Check if your site is providing cached pages. Cache reduces server-load (since pages are generated much less often) and speeds up page screen (by caching page ouput compared to compiling the php-page). Cache furthermore reduces bandwidth requirements by upward to 80%. Caching makes the majority of sense for high traffic webpages whose content does not change upon every page view. Common puffern methods are Quickcache and jpcache. HOW TO FIX In order to pass this test you are suggested to use a caching mechanism for the pages. There are three strategies which can be used to caching your own web pages: 1 . Alternative PHP puffern – Alternative PHP Cache (APC) is an open source framework which usually caches data using intermediate PHP code. Most web programmers that are familiar with the PHP programming vocabulary can easily set up Alternative PHP Cache for your site. 2 . Quickcache : Quickcache is a lightweight page puffern solution which was formerly known as jpcache. Quickcache caches the page result rather than compiling the PHP web page, making it a superior version of web page caching to the Alternative PHP caching. Quickcache can be quickly down loaded from their website and can reduce your down load time up to 80%. a few. WP Super Cache – If you have a WordPress website, WP Super Cache can be installed within mere seconds and without no programming knowledge.
24) Flash Test – Test in case your website is using flash objects.
25) Nested Tables Test – Check if your site is using nested furniture, which can slow down page rendering within the user’s browser.
26) Image Expires Tag Test – Check in case your page is using an image expires label, which specifies a future expiration time for your images. Browsers will see this particular tag and caches the image within the user’s browser until the specified time (so that it does not keep re-fetching the unchanged image from your server). This speeds up your site the next time that will user visits your site and demands the same image. HOW TO FIX In order to reduce the number of HTTP requests, you can use the HTTP Expires header to set an termination time for your images or any additional content type. You can add these lines into your. htaccess file: ExpiresActive on ExpiresByType image/jpg “access plus 1 month” ExpiresByType image/jpeg “access plus 1 month” ExpiresByType image/gif “access plus 1 month” ExpiresByType image/png “access plus 1 month” Doctype Test Check for doctype declaration. The document type declaration, or DOCTYPE, defines which version of (X)HTML your webpage is actually using which is essential to a proper rendering plus functioning of web documents within compliant browsers.
27) Frameset Test – Check if your website make use of frames. Frames are used by developers to display a number of HTML paperwork at the same time. The user gets to see a complete web page, but going to spiders just see a bunch of not related pages.
28) Site Loading Speed Test – It calculates the entire load time of your site. HOW TO REPAIR In order to resolve this issue you are advised to: reduce the amount of your HTTP resources use gzip compression use HTTP caching shift all CSS style rules into one, external and minified CSS document minify all JS files plus, if possible, try combine them into one external JS file include exterior CSS files before external JS files place your JS scripts at the bottom of your page optimize your own web graphics.
29) JS plus CSS Minification Test – Check if your externals JS and CSS files are minified. Minification will be the process of removing all unnecessary character types from source code without transforming its functionality. These unnecessary character types usually include white space character types, new line characters, comments, plus sometimes block delimiters, which are utilized to add readability to the particular code but are not required for this to execute. Removing those character types and compacting files can save several bytes of data and accelerate downloading, parsing, and execution period. The compressed code may be more difficult to debug because it is bunched collectively, usually, on one line. This is the reason why we always recommend keeping the backup copy of your JS or even CSS script to use in occasions where debugging is required. It’s essential to send as few bytes of CSS and JS markup down the wire as possible. It’s not only about size, though, it’s also concerning the number of requests to get the pieces. In fact, that’s often associated with a problem then file size.
31) Directory Browsing Test : Check if your server allows listing browsing. If directory browsing will be disabled, visitors will not be able to browse your directory by getting at the directory directly (if there is absolutely no index. html file). This will certainly protect your files from exposure to the public. Apache web machine allows directory browsing by default. Disabling directory browsing is generally a good idea from the security standpoint. Libwww-perl Access Test Check if your server allows entry from User-agent Libwww-perl. Botnet scripts that automatically look for vulnerabilities within your software are sometimes identified as User-Agent libwww-perl. By blocking access from libwww-perl you can eliminate many simpler episodes. HOW TO FIX In order to pass this test you must obstruct the libwww-perl user-agent in your. htaccess file. If your site is operating on apache server, you could place these lines in your. htaccess right after RewriteEngine on line: RewriteCond % libwww-perl. * RewriteRule. * : [F,L] Server Signature Test Check if your server signature is upon. Turning off your server signature is usually a good idea from a security standpoint.
33) Website IP Check : Check the IP address of the website.
34) Safe Browsing Test – Check if your website will be listed with malware or phishing activity.
35) Media Query Responsive Test – Test if your site implements responsive design functionalities making use of media query technique.
36) Social Media Check – Test in case your website connects to at least one of the very important social networks. HOW TO FIX: To do that, you must insert into your web page some social networks plugins: Facebook Like Button, Facebook Share Button, Facebook Comments, Twitter Button, Google+1 Button, Pinterest Button or AddThis Widget
37) Social Media Activity – Check the activity on social media networks of the website or URL. This exercise is measured in total number of stocks, likes, comments, tweets, plusOnes plus pins and this activity covers just your URL and not social media balances linked with your webpage. HOW TO REPAIR: In order to increase the social networking activity for your site you are suggested to use some social networks extensions within your page: Facebook Like Button, Facebook Share Button, Facebook Comments, Twitter Button, Google+1 Button, Pinterest Button or AddThis Widget All these techniques are a good way to start with your website SEO initially. These will definitely help you put your website around the search engines with an increase with your SERP’s and PageRank for sure. So apply them, give it a few weeks until Google crawls your website, see the difference plus let me know.
We applied these to our website “unKnown variables” itself. http://www.unknownvariables.com/